Administrative Assistant to join fast-growing education startup that uses data analytics to help school districts define and measure their improvement goals. You’ll be a part of a closely-knit team that works to support a fast-paced, high-energy organization. Your day-to-day duties will include a wide array of tasks, both behind a desk and on your feet. As one of our first 15 employees, you’ll work with members from all parts of our organization, from executive level to new hire.
What you’ll be doing:
• Working at our offices in Philadelphia as part of a small team with a track record of rapidly delivering valuable software to educators across the country
• Acting as a personal assistant to the executive team, including managing their correspondence, errands, and calendars
• Reception duties such as greeting visitors and answering/screening calls
• Managing our company calendar, which we use to schedule meetings, interviews, and events
• Maintaining our office supply and snack inventory
• Data entry of office expenses into spreadsheets
• Booking travel for employees to conferences, speaking engagements
• Physical assembly and collation of paper materials such as training packets, marketing collateral, boxing and shipping of promotional materials, etc.
• Running occasional out-of-office errands (all within walking distance)
• Managing accounts receivable and accounts payable
• Other overflow tasks to be assigned as they arise
Why you should join KickUp:
Our Mission: Our mission is to meaningfully engage educators in professional growth. It’s important to us, because education is in our team’s DNA, and because study after study demonstrates that a great teacher can have the single greatest impact on student learning. In order to help teachers grow and implement new initiatives, districts need high-quality professional learning and well-coordinated community-wide efforts, which are easier said than done. KickUp exists to help districts get there, and your work will lead directly to impact.
Our Team: We are a small and highly collaborative team. We are mission-driven, radically candid, and continuously improving. We are quickly growing our team, revenue, and customer base, so you will have the chance to take on dynamic challenges and make a significant impact. If you are looking for a role where you can do meaningful, challenging work with a team of mission-driven professionals, this is the place for you.
Our Benefits: We offer a competitive salary, health coverage, offices in center city Philadelphia, a fully flexible PTO policy, and a great snack drawer.
• Must be 21 years of age or older (alcohol on premises)
• HS Diploma is required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
• Proficiency in MS office suite and Google apps (required)
• Excellent communication skills and sense of propriety with confidential and executive matters
• Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and that of the company
• An entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to take over improving processes and outcomes
• Comfort challenging the status quo, present opinions and listen to others
We are looking for Philadelphia-based candidates; all candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Administrative Assistant.” In the body of the email, please respond to the following question: “What makes you unique?”