Education Research Specialist to join fast-growing education startup that uses data analytics to drive educator development. KickUp is seeking a driven, data-obsessed person to drive our sustainability strategy.
KickUp focuses on helping school districts define and measure their improvement goals. We are working across a broad range of K-12 clients to capture: (1) What school districts are doing to promote educators’ growth, and (2) What impact school districts are seeing based on their efforts. We are growing quickly, and we need a passionate, research-minded individual to help us develop systems for scaling the way we approach this work and for leveraging our cross-district learnings. This role would work primarily with our Client Success team, and in close collaboration with our Product, Marketing and Sales teams, to directly contribute to both KickUp’s growth strategy and our position as a thought leader in education.
What you’ll be doing:
• Working with our Client Success team to understand the goals of our clients and determine what success looks like for these goals
• Creating and maintaining KickUp’s taxonomy and goal bank
• Identifying and writing measurable indicators of success based on existing frameworks
• Proactively seeking out best practices and frameworks of K-12 educational practice
• Aligning client-specific needs to KickUp’s taxonomy and content bank, and creating additional resources as needed
• Acquiring and aligning external resources, questions and frameworks
• Seeking out and managing subject matter experts in key areas when needed
• Developing a suite of anchor materials, templates and program evaluation processes, with support from the Client Success team and subject matter experts
• Building capacity on the client success team by creating client instruments and support resources.
• Working with the Product team to define the features needed to scale the way we collect data and analyze the rich data we’re collecting
• Supporting Client Success, Marketing and Sales teams by creating materials or collateral, as needed
• Supporting KickUp’s communications and research efforts, which may include conducting data analysis, guiding data science strategy, synthesizing cross-district learnings, writing thought leadership pieces or other content that share our learnings with the field of education
• Other duties, as needed
Why you should join KickUp:
Mission: Our mission is to meaningfully engage educators in professional growth. It’s important to us, because education is in our team’s DNA, and because study after study demonstrates that a great teacher can have the single greatest impact on student learning. In order to help teachers grow and implement new initiatives, districts need high-quality professional learning and well-coordinated community-wide efforts, which are easier said than done. KickUp exists to help districts get there, and your work will lead directly to impact.
Our Team: We are a small and highly collaborative team. We are mission-driven, radically candid, and continuously improving. You will be among our first “partner success” hires, so you will have a strong voice in our company, product, service, brand, and culture. We are quickly growing our team, revenue, and customer base, so you will have the chance to take on dynamic challenges and make a significant impact. If you are looking for a role where you can do meaningful, challenging work with a team of mission-driven professionals, this is the place for you.
• At least 2 years experience in the K-12 space, either as an educator, researcher, or in education technology
• A robust analytical skill-set and penchant for synthesizing information
• Experience with (and a love for) excel and other data analysis tools
• Experience with authoring audience-specific content
• Experience designing research-backed surveys or data collection tools a big plus
• Tech savviness and a willingness to learn the ins and outs of the KickUp platform
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
• An interest in education research
• Ability to adapt to new situations and curiosity to create new situations
• Ability to collaboratively and independently problem-solve
• An entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to take over improving processes and outcomes
• Willingness to challenge the status quo, present opinions and listen to others
• Masters in Education
• Research experience
We are prefer Philadelphia-based candidates, but are open to discussing relocation packages. KickUp is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States
To apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Education Research Specialist”.